- Head of Ai Movement at UM6P – International Artificial Intelligence Center of Morocco
- Full Professor, exceptional class, at Sorbonne Université – Faculté des Sciences et d’Ingénierie
- Head of Multi-Agent System Group (SMA) at LIP6
- Co-Responsible of the Track Research “Intelligence Artificielle et Sciences des Données » at LIP6
- Holder of the chair of excellence funded by Thales at SCAI (Sorbonne Center of Artificial Intelligence) Abu-Dhabi
- Member of the Executive Committee of SCAI.
- Member of the World Commission on the Ethics of Scientific Knowledge and Technology COMEST – UNESCO
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Artificial Intelligence, TAI .
- Responsible of the Memorandum of Understanding between the National Institute of Informatics and Sorbonne University – Tokyo, Japan (close collaboration since 2006).
- General Chair of AAMAS 2020 with Gita R. Sukthankar (University of Central Florida) -.Auckland, New Zeland. May 2020.
- Track Chair of AAMAS 2019 with Michael Winikoff of Engineering Multi-Agent Systems Track at AAMAS 2019 13-17 May, Montreal – Canada.
- Track Chair at IJCAI 2019 with David Sarne at IJCAI 2019 – August 10-16 2019, Macao, China.
- Présidente du Comité de Programme @ APIA 2019 avec Juliette Mattioli de la Conférence Nationale sur les Applications Pratiques de l’Intelligence Artificielle (APIA) qui se déroulera au sein de la plateforme PFIA – du 1 au 5 Juillet à Toulouse.
- Finance Chair of AAMAS 2017 (Sao Paulo – Brazil)
- General Chair of IDC 2016
- Program chair of the European Agent Systems Summer School EASSS 2016
- Area Expert of AAMAS 2016 (Singapor)
- Co-chair with Milind Tambe of the Innovative Applications Track @ AAMAS 2015 (Istambul, Turkey).
- local chair of AAMAS 2014 (Paris)
- Area-Chair of AAMAS 2009 (Budapest)
Research Management Responsibilities
- Editor-in-Chief of the Online Journal in Open Access Multi-agent Systems
- Elected member of the Board of Directors of International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (IFAAMAS)
- Elected member of the Board of Directors of the European Association for Multi-Agent Systems (EURAMAS)
Background and skills
I’m specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems . I got my Ph.D from the University Pierre and Marie Curie in the domain of Artificial Intelligence. The title of my Ph.D was Distributed architecture of a knowledge base for the analysis and the validation of concurrent programs modeled by means of Petri Nets. Then I got my Habilitation à diriger les recherches from the University of Sorbonne Nord. The title of my HDR was Agents Coordination: models, algorithms and protocols (2000). My research in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent agents and multi-agent systems is applied in several domains such as Smart Cities, Intelligent Assistants and UCAVs
The main topics : Agent Oriented Programming, Mobile Agents, Coordination (Coalition Formation, Distributed Planning, Negotiation), Interaction Protocols, Ambient Intelligence, Languages, Formal Specification, Distributed Observation, Petri Nets, Hybrid Automata, True Concurrency Semantics, Verification.
Focus: I’m interested in the design, analysis and verification of cognitive MAS. My main research topics include the multi-agent coordination models (negotiation, distributed planning, protocols of interaction) and programming of MAS. These research topics find a large number of applications in the fields of design of complex systems, simulation (air missions, coordination of UAVs, fault tolerance, etc.) and ambient intelligence. This applicative range is supported by a large number of industrial collaborations (e.g. Thales Research and Technology and the ONERA – French Lab of Aerospace). I have (co-)advised 27 Ph.D students and currently advising 2 others. Some of these theses were or are done in “co-tutelle” with other European labs. I have been also involved in thesis committees including at Italy, Netherland, Melbourne, Bucharest, Japan, etc.
- External Collaborator at Thales Airborne Systems (2009-2015)
- On leave at the (Delegation) CNRS (2010 – 2012)
- President of Collège SMA – AFIA (Association Française d’Intelligence Artificielle) – (2001-2011)
- Professor at the University Paris 10 – Nanterre (2002-2006)
- Assistant Professor (MdC) and Researcher at LIPN Laboratory – University of Paris 13 (1993 – 2002)
- On leave at the CNRS (2001 – 2002)
- On a sabbatical year (2000 – 2001)
RECENT INVITED TALKS / CONFERENCES
- Amal El Fallah Seghrouchni and co. Here are some of my books related to Multi-Agent Systems, Ambiant Intelligence and Smart Cities”.